Top 10 Need To Know!
We’ve made a list of the top 10 items that you need to know about M Central.
1. Need help! If your question isn’t answered in this document M Central Management can be contacted on 95187266 or [email protected] and will be able to point you in the right direction. Our office hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
2. Moving-in for the first time. Details on the moving in procedure and a summary of issues that can arise when moving in for the first time can be found in the moving-in section of this document. Please remember to book your move with management well in advance.
3. Building by-laws. To ensure harmony amongst this vibrant community at M Central there are certain rules (by-laws) residents need to adhere to. These by-laws are created by you, the owners of the complex; they can be changed should the majority agree. You may not agree with all the by-laws but similar to other rules in society they must be followed. What may seem like an un-necessary by-law to you may be important to some one else. By-laws can be enforced by the buildings Executive Committee which can result in fines to residents. Building management is instructed to follow up and report on residents that breach by-laws. A summary of the buildings by-laws can be found at the rear of this document.
4. NOISE! Residents should be aware of the amount of noise they produce as it can flow through to other apartments, particularly from balconies and courtyards. There are by-laws in place governing noise but in general residents should not disturb the peaceful enjoyment of other lot owners at anytime.
If you are going to have a party where the music may be a bit loud let your neighbours know and limit noise to within council guidelines. In general no noise after 10pm weeknights and 12pm Friday/Saturdays’, however excessive noise at anytime may be in breach of the buildings by-laws.
Please have consideration of your neighbours, if you receive a noise complaint apologise and turn the noise down, do not let it creep back up. Residents are encouraged to first try and resolve noise issues with the offending party, if this doesn’t work noise complaints can be reported to management/security on 95187266 and we have created a special section on dealing with noise located in this document.
5. Moving large items through the building. To minimise disruption to residents and to prevent damage to the building moving is restricted to 9am to 5pm daily and only one apartment can move at a time. Please book your move with building management at least 48 hours prior to the move so that the lift and loading area can be reserved. A $200 moving bond must be paid and management will inspect the area when you start and finish the move to ensure there is no damage.
Further information regarding moving items through the building can be found in the ‘moving-in to the building’ procedures in this document.
6. Pets. M Central is a pet friendly building however not everyone may like your furry friend jumping all over you as much as you do. To ensure all residents and pets live in harmony there are some rules regarding your pet that need to be followed.
All pets at the building must be approved by the Executive Committee by first completing a registration form available from building management. By completing the form you agree to the pet approval conditions with the main ones being:
– All pets being kept at the premises must be approved by the Executive Committee.
– Pets must be on a lead or be carried at all times when on the complex, this includes grass areas, corridors and the car park. Essentially everywhere except your apartment.
– Pets must not disturb other residents with ongoing noise.
– If your pet goes to the toilet or causes any other mess on common property including the lawns, PLEASE pick it up and dispose of it thoughtfully, you would be surprised on how many people do not.
7. Repairs & Maintenance. The Owner’s Corporation is responsible for the repair and maintenance of common property. If you have a maintenance item relating to common property (essentially the outer boundary of your apartment and all common areas) please report it to management at [email protected] . Management will log your request and arrange its repair as soon as practicable.
Building management is only authorised to carry out certain repairs with-out additional approval. Some repairs may require further approval from the Executive Committee due to their nature or cost. You will be advised if this is the case and in such instance resolution of the matter may have to wait until the next Executive Committee meeting for approval.
8. Renovations. Residents wanting to renovate their apartment should first seek approval off the Executive Committee via building management. A renovation application form is available from building management and there is further information regarding renovations in this document.
It is important that residents obtain approval for renovations as their renovation can affect other lot owners due to not only faulty workmanship (for example your new shower leaking into a neighbours property), but also by disturbing other residents due to the mess and noise created from the renovation. Conditions are imposed on renovations to minimise disruption to residents and to ensure the work is carried out in a work-man like manner.
9. Building Security. M Central is a large complex in an inner city area, providing a perfect opportunity for thieves. Please be cognisant of building security by not allowing persons to follow you through entrance and garage doors and by keeping your doors and windows locked at all times. If you notice any suspicious activity please contacts building management/security immediately on 95187266.